LOS ANGELES–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The Best City Awards committee released 12 categories winners. American Urban Institute presented this award and partnered with Lansion Media, a market research and data-driven company, to produce the surveys, collecting data from people’s votes for the top 10 cities in each category based on different factors such as culture, cuisine, friendliness, shopping and overall value. Below are the top 10 winners of the 12 categories.
- Top 10 Best Cities to visit: Amsterdam, Bangkok, Rome, London, Zurich, Paris, New York, Chicago, Kailua Kona, Lijiang.
- Top 10 Most Investable Cities: Shanghai, Seattle, Singapore, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Beijing, Sydney, San Francisco, Dallas, Tokyo.
- Top 10 Most Beautiful cities: Rome, Florence, Amsterdam, Lisbon, Stowe, San Juan, Santa Fe, Saugatuck, Michigan, Guilin.
- Top 10 Developing Cities: Nurkent, Kazakhstan; Songdo, South Korea; King Abdullah Economic City, Saudi Arabia; Appolonia, Ghana; Eko Atlantic, Lagos; Anthony, New Mexico; Waterfront City, Dubai; Masdar City, Abu Dhabi; Destiny, Florida; Anthony, New Mexico.
- Top 10 Safest Cities: Zurich, Hong Kong, Stockholm, Sydney, Amsterdam, Osaka, Toronto, Tokyo, Melbourne, Singapore.
- Top 10 Cities for Cuisine: Rome, Paris, Barcelona, New Orleans, New York City, Tokyo, San Sebastian, Aarhus, Chengdu, Nashville.
- Top 10 Cultural Cities: Rome, Barcelona, London, Mexico City, Beijing, Alexandria, Athens, Jerusalem, Xi’an, Berlin.
- Top 10 Fashionable Cities: New York, Hong Kong, Arles, Paris, Milan, Marrakech, London, Rome, Shanghai, Tokyo.
- Top 10 Sustainable Cities: Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Oslo, Cape Town, Helsinki, Curitiba, Reykjavik, Austin, Rio de Janeiro.
- Top 10 Historical Cities: Cusco, Peru; Alexandria, Egypt; Athens, Greece; Varanasi, India; Prague, Czech Republic; Beijing, China; Berlin, Germany; Istanbul, Turkey; Xi’an, China; Varanasi, India.
- Top 10 Modern Cities: Tokyo, Shanghai, Seoul, Hong Kong, London, San Francisco, New York City, Taipei, Dubai, Stockholm.
- The World’s Best City: Tokyo, Paris, Berlin, Zurich, Switzerland, Sydney, Los Angeles, Shanghai, Vancouver, New York, NY, Taipei.
The Best City Awards presented by American Urban Institute were established to recognize excellence in metropolitan areas by honoring cities that are productive, provide adequate infrastructure, have a good quality of life, offer equity and social inclusion, and practice environmental sustainability. Each category is elevated by different factors.